Birding | Fishing & Boating | Golf | Quincy Historic Tour | Restaurants | Shopping |

E. B. Shelfer House (1903)

   This house was built by E. B. Shelfer, Sr., a prominent shade tobacco producer and businessman, whose general mercantile store was located on the square at the southeast corner of Washington and Madison Streets. In 1993, the house was beautifully restored with several artistic additions. The semi-octagonal extension on the back and the enhanced entrance and circular driveway on the Franklin Street side add charm to the dwelling. Beautiful contemporary stained glass windows add artistic interest to the overall appearance. A Victorian garden with fountains, pool and gazebo surround the house, now owned by the grand-daughter of the original owner.

Address:
205 North Madison Street
Quincy, FL 32351