Birding | Fishing & Boating | Golf | Quincy Historic Tour | Restaurants | Shopping |

Stockton-Curry House (1842)

   The house was purchased from its original owner, Isaac Harris, by Phillip A. Stockton. Stockton came to Florida from Pennsylvania with his brother, William, to set up and supervise a line of mail coaches running between St. Augustine and Mobile. They originally located in Marianna but moved to Quincy in the early 1840s where Phillip established a law practice. The house passed to his daughter, Martha Stockton Broome. In 1902, the house was purchased by the C.H. Curry family. Curry and his son, Horace were both prominent in management in the shade tobacco industry. Four generations of the Curry family have lived here. The house is an excellent example of surviving antebellum classic revival architecture.

Address:
121 N. Duval Street
Quincy, FL 32351