Birding | Fishing & Boating | Golf | Quincy Historic Tour | Restaurants | Shopping |

McFarlin-Lester House (1895)



(click to enlarge)

   John Lee McFarlin built this stately Victorian house at the height of his career as a prominent tobacco planter who helped develop the shade tobacco process. The property was purchased in 1942 by Dickson Lester who was associated with American Sumatra Tobacco Company. In 1994, the Fauble family acquired the house, and three generations of family restored this beautiful old home.

The house is noted for its carefully selected curly pine wood paneling. The double-entrance doors have beveled leaded glass insets and transom. Light filters into the entrance stair hall from the second and third floors by the way of the turret. Several stained glass windows are visible from the living rooms.

Address:
305 East King Street
Quincy, FL 32351