Birding | Fishing & Boating | Golf | Quincy Historic Tour | Restaurants | Shopping |

Gadsden County Courthouse (1913)



(click to enlarge)

   The present County Courthouse is built on one of the older continuous sites used for a seat of county government in Florida. This site has been in continuous use since 1827. The architect for this building was Hal F. Hentz of Hentz and Reid in Atlanta. It is an example of classical eclecticism popular in public buildings and an indication of the high status of Quincy circa 1912. It was restored in 1997. Of the four prior courthouses, the one built in 1835 was destroyed by fire in 1849, and many historical records were lost.

Address:
10 East Jefferson Street
Quincy, FL 32351